The Ortho Spine Surgery department at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre is committed to provide highly advanced diagnostic and surgical treatment for patients suffering from disorders of the spine. The Hospital has full time spine surgeons providing round-the-clock services.
With cutting-edge technology and clinical expertise encompassing the full spectrum of spine care, this department provides quality services keeping in-line with international standards.
Our multidisciplinary team of spine surgeons, physical therapists and nurses deliver surgical treatment and physical therapy that is customised for each patient, keeping in mind the ultimate goal: To reduce pain, improve functionality and thereby improve the patient’s quality of life.
Technology & Infrastructure
The Ortho Spine Surgery department at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre is equipped with state-of-the-art, fully integrated operating rooms. In addition to this, we also have:
- Complete range of rehabilitation facilities and modalities for non-operative care for spinal disorders
- Rehabilitation for spinal cord injury and spine trauma
- Specialised ICU for spine surgery
- 24/7 emergency services
- Facility for day-care spine surgery.
A glimpse of the cutting-edge technology and medical equipment that’s in place for the benefit of our patients:
- Latest neuromonitoring technology for safe spine surgery
- State-of-the-art high magnification microscope
- Computer navigation for spine surgery
- Facility for performing Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Endoscope for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Cell savers to reduce the need for blood transfusion
- Ultrasonic bone scalpel (for safety while working around delicate nerves and spinal cord)
The department offers treatment for a number of spine conditions including Low back pain, disc disease, Lumbar canal stenosis, Disc herniation, Spondylolisthesis, Osteoporosis, Spinal Trauma, Spinal Cord injury, Infections (including Tuberculosis), Tumours and Metastases and Deformity (e.g. Scoliosis) of the spine.
Few of the procedures performed include:
- Lumbar Fusion
- Instrumented Spinal Reconstruction
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Endoscopic Spine Surgery
- Craniovertebral Spine Surgery
- Revision Spinal Surgery
- Total Disc Replacement
- Motion preserving spine surgery
- Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty
- Image-guided interventional spinal procedures (e.g. Epidural Injections)
- Non-operative care for spinal deformities (Bracing, casting)
- Spinal Rehabilitation.
- Back Pain Clinic with focus on holistic management of back and neck pain without surgery
- Scoliosis Clinic for treatment of patients with Spinal deformities.
Partners in care
Dr. Arjun Dhawale
MBBS, MS (Orthopaedics), DNB (Orthopaedics), MRCSEd
Dr. Gautam Zaveri
MBBS, D.Orth, MS (Orthopaedics), DNB (Orthopaedics)
Dr. Kshitij Chaudhary
MBBS, MS (Orthopaedics), DNB (Orthopaedics)