Academic awards: Shree Dholakia Scholarship for securing highest marks in science, SSC board examination,1976
Distinction in Preventive & Social medicine, 2nd MBBS examination, University of Mumbai,1982
Foreign Interventional Cardiology experience:
- Interventional Cardiology program at University of Rouen,France,1996
- Rotenburg India Cardiovascular Intervention Program,RICIP II,Germany,2000
- Ninth Live Demonstration Course in Cardiovascular Intervention,National Heart Centre,Singapore,2000
- Complex Cardiovascular Intervention Workshop.Korea University Guro Hospital,South Korea,2011
Academic/ Honorary Experience:
- Teaching faculty as lecturer and Associate Professor/Head of Cardiology Unit at LTMG Hospital & BYL Nair Hospital(1989-1998)
- Honorary Consultant Cardiologist at Sir HN Hospital(1998-2013) and other reputed hospitals like Hinduja hospital, Khar,Wockhardt Hospital,Mulund, C. Hill Hospital, Bhatia Hospital etc.
Organisation of Interventional Cardiology Workshops:
- Coronary Atherectomy by Dr Samin Sharma, Mount Sinai Hospital, NY,USA-Nov 22, 1994
- Multivessel complex PTCA by Dr Fayaz A Shawl,Washington Adventist Hospital,USA-Nov 29,1994
- Intracoronary Stent implantation and Rotablator by Dr Ashok Seth,Delhi and Dr Samuel Mathew,Chennai- June 03,1995
- Beating Heart surgery using stabilizer device(Octopus) by Dr Subramaniam,Lenox Hill Hospital,NY,USA, 1998
- Published paper in American Heart Journal on Superior Inferior Ventricles, April1991
- Published more than forty papers and presentations in Indian Heart Journal on various interventional cardiology topics.
Interventional Skills highlights:
- Coronary angiography and Complex angioplasty, preferably via Radial approach.
- Coronary imaging (IVUS and OCT)
- Coronary functional evaluation by FFR,RFR study
- Calcific coronary disease treatment by scoring, cutting and lithotripsy balloons and Rotablation.
- Left main and Bifurcation CAD, Coronary bypass graft intervention.
Acute total coronary occlusion as in AMI(Pami), Chronic total occlusions (CTO)
- Valve Balloon interventions.
- Pacemaker implantation
- Renal artery interventions.